Privacy of you and your personal information is an important part of our office providing you with quality dental care. Stroud Dental understands the importance of protecting your personal information. We are committed to collecting using and disclosing your personal information responsibly. We also try to be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal information. It is important to us to provide this service to our patients. All staff members who come in contact with your personal information are aware of the sensitive nature of the information that you have disclosed to us. They are all trained in the appropriate uses and protection of your information. Attached to this consent form, we have outlined what our office is doing to ensure that:
- Only necessary information about you is collected:
- We only share information with your consent
- Storage, retention and destruction of your personal information complies with existing legislation and privacy protection protocols:
- Our privacy protection complies with privacy legislation, standards of our regulatory body, the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario and/or The Royal college of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, and the law.
Please be assured that every staff member is committed to ensuring that you receive the best quality care, and please do not hesitate to discuss our policies with myself or any staff member.
Stroud Dental will collect, use and disclose information about you for the following purposes:
- To deliver safe and efficient patient care, to identify and ensure continuous high quality service
- To assess your health needs and provide health care, to advise you of treatment options
- To enable us to contact you and maintain communication with you, including distributing health-care information and to book and confirm appointments
- To offer and provide treatment, care and services in relationship to the oral and maxillofacial complex and dental care generally
- To communicate with other treating health-care providers, including physicians, pharmacists, referring general dentists an specialists
- To allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment, care and billing
- For teaching and demonstration on an anonymous basis
- To complete and submit dental claims for third party adjudication and payment
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including the delivery of patients charts and records to The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and/or The College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario in a timely fashion when required, according to the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions act
- To comply with agreements/undertakings entered into voluntarily by the member with the regulatory body for regulatory and monitoring purposes
- To permit potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to evaluate the practice and potentially allow such people to conduct an audit in preparation for a practice sale
- To deliver your charts and records to the staff’s insurance carriers to enable the insurance company to assess liability and quantify damages if any
- To prepare materials for the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board ( HPARB)
By reading and signing this consent, you agree to have given your informed consent to the collection and /or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes that are listed. You may withdraw your consent for use and disclosure of your personal information and we will explain the ramifications of that decision, and the process.